TREACHEROUS


Golden rays beam on the vast green carpet
Sparkle the boundless grass with the enchanted sun rays
I lie dormant, trying to erase the unwanted past.
I close my eyes, half-imagining the rainbow above my head 
The petrichor helps me to wipe off the memories
Its scent immerse in my mind and my soul.

But the sound of grey patridge is envious of me.
He is singing your name while resting on a branch of willow tree,
close to me
My eyelids flutter and I open up my eyes.
The wispy cloud form your face.
I cast away my eyes to the lake.
A pair of swans glide gracefully
across the lake,
reminds me of you and I.
A small cottage nearby reminisce me of your broken promises

I stand up, wipe off the dust from my back
and leave behind that treacherous place,

Jijah :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts