Close to Home


Last two days, I had my fifth appointment and the third appointment with Dr. Hidayah. I requested to be under her and she approved that. :D. I had my first psychotherapy last two weeks with her. Just like the first appointment, she asked me many questions. All about me.

She increased my dosage and often ask me if I am doing good. The first question that she would ask once I stepped in the room is 'coming with your aunt?'. 

She emphasized on sleep hygiene. Sleep hygiene is some sort of ritual that I have to do before sleeping. it is just to inform my brain that 'You're gonna sleep now and you better sleep!' haha.

Basic guidelines of sleep hygiene for us to follow.
Source : Google
So, I have to 

- put on my pyjama at night instead of other random attire,
- brush my teeth
- wash my face
- make sure the room is cleaned
- light is switched off
- put away cellphone for few hours before sleeping 
- do something that can relax my mind, (reading books, listening to music)

Apart from that, Dr Hidayah taught me to practice breathing exercise (morning,noon,night)  just to ensure I know how to tackle panic attack when unexpected problems arise. 

Additional information for us to digest.
Source : Google
She even jot down types of drugs (sleeping pills) that can lead to permanent memory loss on my novel (that's the only paper that I brought). Only if I have the dependency towards the meds. But, I'm trying my best to avoid taking it. 

It has been okay for me for these past few weeks, I don't have panic attacks everyday and if I have, it won't last long. But I still struggle to sleep every night. I normally sleep after 4 hours on the bed. 

So, the last two days appointment might be the last one for me before returning home in Terengganu. But, Dr Hidayah seems reluctant to let me go. She asked me several times to think about it carefully and reconsider my decision as she wants me to finish my therapy session here for three months. 

She said she is not sure if psychiatrist in Terengganu will proceed to the seession once I am referred there or everything has to start at initial point. Dr Hidayah told me several times I am welcomed to continue my treatment here if I have a second thought.

I'm gonna missed her, she's a very helpful and kind psychiatrist. But I guess, there's always 'goodbye' in every 'hi'. 


Comments

Popular Posts