A Journal


"Hey, you know what, you have saved me from committing suicide"


It was in the middle of the night when I received a text from my long lost friend. I glanced at my little sister who slept soundly beside me while my mind do its job, travelling back to the past time what I have said to him.

I remember persuading him to keep doing what he was doing at that time, but he just walked away and never come back. Understood that he was emotionally frail, I let him had his space and time to figure things out and who knows he would come back.

But he never did.

I can't say I understand him because I am not him. But I shared him my journals, the one that I have wrote during my previous semester. I just want him to know, he's not alone. Some people out there, are hugging their knees at the corner of their rooms feeling the overwhelming feelings. That they sometimes lost in navigating their millenial adulthood. And sometimes I am one of them.

I just want him to read. That's all.

I never expect that this small deed and effort that I put, impacted his life so much. I would have never known that if he didn't tell me.

As the time flies, and I was left stunned by the message, I come back to the sense of the imminent of life and the mortality of being alive.

I'm glad I chose to talk to him, instead of being ignorant to him.
I'm glad he choose to see things in different perspective now.

And I hope he would be showered with endless love, blessings and surrounded by people who can find the kindness in him, who love him dearly.


Comments

Popular Posts